Do you live in a small home?
Are you looking forward to keeping yourself fit using a stationary bike, but you lack space at your house?
If your answer to both these questions is yes, I can help you out. You can make use of folding bikes.
Exercise Bikes are my go-to exercise machines, and today I will tell you about folding bikes, how they can help you, some of the best ones available in the market, their significant features, their advantages, and the difference between an Upright and a Recumbent bike.
A folding bike can help you make your small room a gym, leaving a lot of room for you for other work.
Also, it does not in any way compromise the benefits you get in other non-folding stationary or recumbent bikes available in the market.
Whenever you have to work out, you have to unfold the bike, use it, fold it back again, and put it back in the closet or the corner.
How Do We Choose These Exercise Bikes?
It is essential to know what sort of bike will be ideal for you. Most buys ignore this stuff and pick one which seems nice from the outside without even looking into its features.
Do not make that mistake. Here I mention some of the things you should look into before purchasing any of the stationary bikes:
Noisy bikes are annoying. Some make a lot of noise, and you get forced to keep a mat beside them. Avoid purchasing noisy bikes, and you must be focused on the workout or watch the TV or listen to music, etc., with ease.
2. Durability And Sturdiness
There are bikes in the market that are not durable at all, and within a few days of use, you find them non-functional or annoying to work out with for one or another reason. Your bike must be sturdy, especially if you do intense workouts.
Safety is your utmost priority. For most people working out on stationary bikes rather than on regular bicycles is to keep themselves safe. Without straps on the seat and pedals, you can fall and hurt yourself. I highly recommend that you purchase a bike with straps.
4. Choices Of Height Adjustment
Most bikes have adjustable seats, but they still have limitations. Always choose a bike with a wide range of heights; you can adjust the seat too. It’s of no use to you if your legs don’t reach the pedals properly or they give your knees a high bend.
5. Bearing Weight’s Capability
If you have an average weight, you may not have any problems. But every bike has its maximum weight capacity. If you have a heavier weight than that, the bike’s functioning is affected, and it may also break. So, check it before purchasing.
6. Level Of Fitness
You must know your fitness goals. You should first know how much weight you want to lose and plan accordingly the resistance level you want to choose for yourself. You must find an ideal point of your resistance level and how much time you will work with it and then go for purchasing anything.
Not everything can be purchased. It must have an upper limit. Some advanced bikes can be costly, although most of them will be worthwhile. Try and buy something that completes all your requirements and comes within your budget.
Quick Summary At The Best Exercise Bikes For Home
Ancheer Folding Bike
Marcy Foldable Bike
Exerpeutic Heavy Duty Bike
Exerpeutic Magnetic Bike
Exerpeutic ExerWorK 1000
Top 7+ Best Folding Exercise Bikes For Home 2023
A foldable bike is an excellent option for those who have lesser space or who are constantly moving from one place to another. You have to fold and pack them up.
Here are some of the best folding exercise bikes for home-
Ancheer Folding Exercise Bike has an ultra-compact folding design that can help you save a lot of space. It has a 6-level deep padded adjustable seat best suitable for heights between 4 to 6 feet and is long and comfortable for working out for longer hours.
Ancheer Folding Exercise Bike has ten levels of magnetic resistance that can help you select the difficulty level and a sturdy X-frame design that makes it easy for the user to fold it.
The product is very stable and quiet, so it won’t in any manner annoy you even while watching the TV or listening to songs.
They also have a tablet stand right there near the console panel where you can watch anything you want on your tablet.
The console has some of its features that include feedback on users’ pulses, calories, time, distance, and speed. It also monitors your heart rate constantly.
- Big and comfortable seats, adjustable to 6 levels.
- Very sturdy and quiet
- Ten resistance levels
- Console panel with application programs
- Comes with a tablet stand
- Requires little space.
- Monitors heart & pulse rates, speed distance, calories, time, and many more.
- A few users have claimed the applications in the console don’t work correctly.
- According to a few users, they do not have excellent customer support.
This bike has a heavy-duty construction with a 14-gauge steel frame. It is specifically made durable for lasting long.
The height of the seat is adjustable as per your wish. Pedals have safety straps and textured grips that won’t let your leg slip and hurt yourself.
It has adjustable eight preset resistance levels, for which you have to turn the knob depending on what level of resistance you want your workout to be. It can be swiftly folded and convenient to transport or shift from one place to another.
It has an LCD computer display with features like an odometer, calories, distance, speed, time, etc.
The panel is very convenient to read, and if you wish to see each metric, you can turn it to the scan mode, where each metric would be shown for 4 seconds at a time.
- Best for users with heights of 5’1 to 6’3
- Straightforward screen interface
- Heavy-duty construction and hence is very durable.
- Pedals have safety straps and a textured grip.
- Very easy to store, transport and fold.
- Eight resistance levels.
- Very clear LCD display with features like measuring calories, distance, speed, time, etc.
- A few users have claimed that the seat is very high, even in the lowest position.
As the name itself suggests, it has a weight capacity of as high as 400 lbs. This means that the bike is powerful.
Exerpeutic Gold has a big adjustable seat ideal for heights 5’1 to 6’5. It also has transportation wheels that can help you quickly shift the product from one place to another.
They have three pieces of high-torque cranking system for a consistent pedaling motion.
The bike has an LCD and an 8-level magnetic tension control system. The LCD shows the user’s pulse, distance, time, speed, calories burned, etc. It also has heart pulse sensors that will monitor your heart rate.
- Very high weight holding capacity
- Big seat cushion, with adjustable seat height
- Offers smooth pedaling as it has a three-piece cranking system.
- 8-level magnetic tension.
- Heart pulse sensors that will monitor the user’s heartbeat.
- It can be folded easily into half and hence uses less space.
- Has transportation wheels that help in easy relocation.
- A few users have claimed the foot straps are of inferior quality.
- According to a few users, the display does not work correctly.
Exerpeutic Folding bike has a carrying weight capacity of 300 lbs. It has a large seat cushion with an adjustable seat ideal for people of a height between 5’3 to 6’1. It also has an eight levels magnetic tension system.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike will save you a lot of space as it can be folded to half its size. It also has transportation wheels that can help you relocate it anytime you want. For monitoring the targeted heart rate zone, it has hand pulse sensors.
It has a three-piece crank system with high torque that will help swift pedaling motion. It has a giant LCD screen that shows the user’s heart rate, speed, amount of calories burned, distance, etc.
- Ample cushion with adjustable seats.
- Huge LCD screen display.
- Easily foldable and saves half the space.
- Three-piece crank system that will help in smooth pedaling.
- Hand pulse sensors
- LCD monitor that shows calories burned, distance, speed, time, etc.
- 8-level magnetic tension system that helps you select the difficulty level.
- A few users have claimed that even the highest resistance level is not enough.
It has a durable powder-coated steel frame construction for an effective workout. It has an entirely adjustable sliding desktop where you can keep your laptop or tablet/phone and use it while working out.
Exerpeutic ExerWorK 1000 bike has a very soft and 2.5 inches thick adjustable seat and comes with a big cushioned backrest.
It has eight levels of magnetic resistance and an LCD computer with many features. It can be folded easily and relocated or shifted to another place swiftly using its transportation wheels.
It operates quietly and can handle up to 300 lbs of weight. It has a three-piece high torque crank system that improves pedaling motion.
Since it has a quiet operation, you can efficiently work, listen to the TV or music, etc., without any disturbance.
- Can be easily folded and hence takes very little space
- Has transportation wheels, using which it can be shifted easily.
- Has a laptop or tablet/phone stand that can be used even while standing up.
- The LCD computer shows heart rate, odometer scan, speed, time, calories burned, and distance.
- 8 tension resistance levels
- 3-piece high torque crank system.
- Very thick comfortable seat and a backrest.
- Can carry up to 300 lbs of weight
- It operates very quietly
- A few users have claimed it’s not very helpful for short people.
This is a two-in-1 recumbent and upright stationary bike that is foldable as well. It has anti-slip pedals that will help in significant pedaling motion and complete safety. It also has a digital LCD monitor that has various features.
The bike has 10 levels magnetic resistance system that allows you to choose the difficulty level by yourself. You also get an accurately balanced flywheel that gives you a smooth, quiet experience and won’t bother you with all the noise.
It has a sturdy construction, so you do not have to worry about the bike vibrating or falling off. It also comes with a tablet or a phone holder.
The maximum user weight is 330 lbs, and the bike measures your heart or pulse rate, calories burned, time, speed, and distance.
- Sturdy construction, making it very safe to use and durable.
- 10 level resistance system.
- Holder for phones and tablets.
- Anti-slip pedals with an excellent grip.
- Optimal seating is best suited for people with a height between 4’6″ to 6’5″.
- Weight capacity of 330 lbs.
- Can be folded easily and hence uses up less space.
- The bike does make some noise.
- The LCD panel is not much effective.
This bike has a precision-balanced flywheel weighing 3.3 lbs that gives you a maintenance-free, quiet, and smooth operation. Its seats are designed to provide long-lasting comfort and have a padded lower back pad.
You can easily fold and save a lot of space. It has an LCD screen that shows things like pulse, calories, time, distance, and speed. On the handgrip, it has a vibration or heart rate monitor.
The bike has eight levels of resistance ideal for your difficulty. It comes with an accessory pocket for your electronic devices like mobile phones, tablets, etc.
The bike also has transportation wheels that can help you shift it from one place to another.
- Precision-balanced flywheel that gives you a smooth operation.
- Has a very comfortable padded seat with a low padded backrest.
- Very easy-to-use LCD console.
- 8 levels of resistance.
- Monitors your heart and pulse rates.
- Has transport wheels for easy relocation.
- Comes with an accessory pocket for your mobile phones and tablets.
- The bike makes noise after a few days of operation.
- The pedals are not up to the mark.
You may also like:
- 11+ Best Hammer Strength Chest Press Alternatives
- 14 Proven Benefits of Doing 100 Jumping Jacks a Day
Some Additional Features That You Should Look For In Your Bike
1. Pulse Or Heart Rate Monitors
These are sensors on the handles that hold the bike. These will monitor your heart and pulse rate.
You can decide on a heart rate zone, and this means you can select up to what heart rate you can work on the bike and when exactly to stop.
This can be extremely helpful for those who do intense workouts regularly.
2. Tablet Holders
Entertainment is imperative.
It is essential to stay motivated during the workout and not get bored. If you get bored, you will eventually leave working out.
You can use some entertainment while working out like a movie, music, etc. So, it would be great if your bike has a tablet holder.
3. LCD Screens
These screens display many things like speed, distance, time, heart rate, calories burned, and many more. This way, it is easier for you to set goals and stick to them in the long run.
Why Do I Recommend Using A Foldable Exercise Bike?
1. Simple to use
It is effortless to use. You have to unfold them, sit on them and start pedaling. You won’t be required to go to the gym and probably wait for your turn.
2. Does Not Require Much Space
As the name suggests, foldable bikes can be folded. Mostly all the foldable bikes can be folded to half or lower. This means you save half or more than half of the space.
Most of them are cheap. They are incredibly affordable, and in most cases, you will find at least one bike with all the features you need in your budget.
4. Different Forms Of Exercises
With multiple different resistance levels, you can do numerous exercises. When you pedal, all your lower body and a little of your upper body work out too. That is the reason no gym is complete without a stationary bike.
5. Great For Beginners
This is specifically very great for beginners as pedaling is the kind of workout anyone can do. They are straightforward to work out. Even the very beginners spend a lot of time on stationary bikes.
6. Entertain Yourself While Working Out
They also help you with entertainment. Most of these bikes have consoles or at least stand for you to keep your electronic gadgets like tablets or mobiles that you can use as a source of entertainment while working out.
Difference Between Upright And Recumbent Exercise Bikes
Upright bikes are very similar to outdoor bikes.
Here you won’t find any backrests, which means you can keep your posture however you want it to be.
This posture, i.e., the one you save, can help you in the long run since this posture is ideally decided for you by your body.
This will keep you away from back pain, but on the other hand, these also make these bikes less comfortable than recumbent bikes.
However, Upright bikes are good for your heart compared to recumbent bikes.
Recumbent bikes are far more popular than upright bikes.
Most gyms you will see use Recumbent bikes as they are more stylish and more comfortable.
With these, you can relax on the backrest and keep pedaling. It may not work as a highly intensive machine, but it will help you maintain your fitness.
FAQs Related to Best Folding Exercise Bike
Can One Lose Belly Fat By Working Out With Stationary Bikes?
Yes, it can. Reducing belly fat is one of the most important reasons people choose to buy stationary bikes. These bikes effectively burn your calories, i.e., around 300 to 700 kilocalories in an hour. This helps burn a lot of fat that eventually burns from the belly. Working out on stationary bikes is one of the best exercises you can do for reducing belly fat. But you must note that you still would have to follow a healthy diet.
Can Folding Exercise Bikes Be Considered Good?
Yes, if you purchase a decent foldable bike, they are as good as any other non-foldable stationary bike. Although most foldable bikes are lightweight, they work perfectly for people having regular weights. The best part is, it is beneficial for those who move regularly or lack space.
- What Is Underhand Front Raise? How Can You Do It?
- Home Gym Vs Gym Membership: Which Is A Better Choice?
Conclusion: Best Folding Exercise Bikes 2023
So, here I sum up the best folding exercise bikes.
Thus, no longer should your small apartment be an excuse for not exercising. Buy the bike from our list of best folding exercise bikes and begin your exercise journey.
I have researched extensively and tried to cover all the aspects that are needed considering the requirements of different people.
Do let us know which is your favorite bike among the ones listed above.